Sunday 12 April 2015

Two Sides

Tearing down mirrors 
To hide from this face 
A dead man is walking 
Inside of this place 
The heart is so cold 
It no longer beats 
I'm a zombie tonight
Getting lost in the streets 
A memory fades 
A lifetime changes 
The heart remains 
Behind bars and chains 
A solitary fate 
Of confinement within 
A mind torn in two 
And a heart filled with sin 
The lies that I tell 
Build walls around me
Each brick clouds my vision 
I no longer see 
Who I really am
Just an empty body 
So I tear down the mirror 
For I am not me 
But I can think 
Therefore I am 
The blood it fills my veins 
And hands 
I raise in demand 
For retribution 
To return to the land 
Where my real life began 
And the mirror is clear 
When I look for desires 
I see only You there 
For You began me 
And You are my end 
My only true Friend 
In this life of deceit 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any feedback? Anything that you liked? Please let me know in the comment box below.