Saturday 5 October 2013

The Gift

The Gift


There are many beauties in this world
To observe but a few
We use the eyes our Lord gave us
To seek the beauty in truth

We use our sense of smell
To navigate between two worlds
And we use our sense of touch
To feel the wonders of the Earth


We use our sense of taste
To give thanks for the sweetness of fruits and dates
And we use our ears to listen
To the words you have bestowed upon us

For in recitation and silence
Reverie and melody
I find you
And it is there I want to be

I cannot part this world to see you
And not bear any gifts
But you own my heart my soul my love
So what is there for me to give?

Except my Ruh
To you.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any feedback? Anything that you liked? Please let me know in the comment box below.