Thursday 1 May 2014

Mercy

Mercy


You didn’t ask for much
Except my belief in You
You observed and watched
All those times I disobeyed You

You didn’t punish me
For all the stupid things I did
Because You love me more than I know
And more than I can give

The Most Merciful
The Most Forgiving
Why has it taken me so long
To realise what I was missing?

You didn’t say a word
When I walked and went astray
For You just listened to my pain
And hoped I found myself again

And you always guided me
Through all the light
And through the rain
Back to your mercy
I remain. I remain.

You say You are what I think of You
And when I remember You
You remember me
If I mention You within myself
You mention me within Yourself

And if I draw near you the distance
Of a cubit, a hand span
You draw near to me the distance
Of two open wide arms

And as I walk to you
You run to me
The barriers of disbelief
Shatter until there is no me
And only then do I believe
That there is nothing in existence
Besides Your infinite Mercy.




"Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said: My mercy excels My wrath."








No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any feedback? Anything that you liked? Please let me know in the comment box below.