Thursday 12 February 2015

My Boy

My Boy

The air is full of hatred 
My lungs feel saturated
With visions of war 
And apocalypse 
The hour is near son 
I'm feeling it 

So while you lay down your head 
In your mamas lap
Just remember 
That your papa gotta stay strapped 

I keep an arsenal of words for
The enemy 
Cos while they still breath son 
We can never be free 

But Gods word is the utmost ultimate
Never forget what I teach you 
In this cold world 
Because the hour is near son 
I'm feeling it 
And your papas gotta fight
For the White pearls 

See they're out to get us 
And I ain't down with that
They choke to provoke 
And leave our kids trapped

So take a long hard stare into your mamas eyes
For the future rests between faith and demise 

There's so much I wanna share with you my boy 
Like a world full of peace kids playing with toys 
Sat around the kitchen eating family meals
Watching movies through the winter while we cuddle and chill 

See there were days before this
Before the hatred
Before the air in your mamas lungs became saturated

Before the drones attacked us and destroyed our homes
Before the hour came near
And mama turned to bones 

Before papa got a scar and lost an eye 
But remember my son
That your Lord ain't blind 

For the vision of truth that He has given to us
Must remain in our hearts 
In this treasure we trust 

Cos when the hour is here
All I want from my boy
Is a joyful tear
While we sit and rejoice

As our saviour comes 
And breaks the cross with his hand
And leads us all back
To the promised land 

So my boy don't lose faith 
My boy don't lose hope 
My boy stay grateful
And reap only what you sow

For the machine cannot provide
You with this love
That your mama and papa
And the Lord bestowed from above 

So with this love in your heart
Grow up and be a man
Mama and I are waiting for you
In the promised land



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any feedback? Anything that you liked? Please let me know in the comment box below.