Saturday 7 February 2015

These Words

These Words


As I fill up the needle with ink
And pump these words right into my veins
I'm reminded that these words will bring me no gain
But are words more potent when covered in fame?

These words make my name
6 followed by 5
These words bring me shame
Sex followed by lies
These words aren't the same
They're hollow inside
These words are insane
They follow my mind

Flip it
Change the rhythmic flow
These words bring to light
What my heart doesn't show
These words make me feel I'm big and I'm known
Like I'm finally grown
But these words never know

What they're doing inside
The letters and messages
Old newspapers
Emails and credit lists
Diaries stuffed behind cushions with feathers in
Hidden from people
Yet cuddled and read with them

These words unite nations
Like letters from presidents
Or breed holy war
From the venomous terrorists
These words can distort everything from within
Or return our souls to a permanent residence

Flip it
Change the rhythmic flow
These words are a part of my heart and my soul
They soar through the stratosphere all over the globe
And settle near graves like
Dark feathered crows

These words are our own
These words are mine
These words belong to you and I
With these words we reach the sky
And with these words we all must die

These words can change
They all hold fate
They all take blame
They all could hate
They all could save
They all create
They all could push our fears away

These words can bring us brighter days
Or these words can shackle hearts like slaves

These words are what we use today
To try and find a better way

They say the pen can slay the sword
These words can pierce our skin and more
The ink it runs right through my veins

But are words more potent when said again?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any feedback? Anything that you liked? Please let me know in the comment box below.