Thursday 5 November 2015

Open Hearts/Closed Doors/Redemption

Open Hearts/Closed Doors/Redemption


Close my eyes and see the moon rise
In the deep blue sky
Flaming red as it rears its head in the east 
For too long I've spent searching
Diving in the flames
Dancing with the devil to the beat

Take off my shoes
And let my feet rest
Let the smoke clear out the room
Vivid nights
On her street bed
As I'm calling out for you

I fucked up
I fucked up
I fucked up

The door closed and the heat rose
As I crawled into her skin
Stared her in the eyes and my heart froze
Knowing I'm in eternal sin
For that night, that night
I chose to let my spirit go
Fell into her trap
Her hands on my back
Telling me not to go slow

I close my eyes and see the sun rise
In the dark black sky
Flaming blue as it swept through the west
For too long I've let my heart stay numb
Diving in the ice
I can’t put my mind to rest

I hear Your call
Out in the ether
It leaves vibrations on my tongue
I try to call back
But I have no voice
To try seeking out the One

I fucked up
I fucked up
I fucked up

Take my hand
Lead me into light
Take me overboard
Down into the sea
Wash my soul of dirt
Make my spirit clean
Let me get over her
So I can just be me

I feel free
I feel free
I feel free
I don’t need a tourniquet 
So don’t try to rescue me
Each thought flows into my ears
And my mind begins to bleed
I feel free
I feel free
I feel free



Tear apart the fabric
Of my insincere existence
Remind me of who raised me
From the seed down to forgiveness
Take away this loneliness
Replace it with an image
Bring that image to life 
Before my eyes and let me witness
A life of total devotion
Gently waving like the ocean
Reach as far as I can
Embrace the sand
And return in flowing motion
Let my purpose always be known
Let me complete half my faith
Find a place that I can call home
Not be ashamed to hide my face
Take the word of God with me
Wherever I choose to explore
Render faithful
Always truthful
And stay away from those closed doors
Stay in shape
Don’t break the frame
Frame of mind
Always sane
Vision clear
Hope restored
Stay away from those closed doors
Take my word life is short
Don’t break the chain
Reach for more
Hold on dearly
To the Lord
Stay away from those closed doors



No more secrets
No more hiding
Be committed
Stay enlightened
Beg forgiveness
No more fighting
Crack the chest
Melt the ice and
Pump the spirit 
Back in my veins
This temple
I shall regain
No more pain
Just stay focussed
Remain the same
And find I'm so blessed
A loving family
A confused image
Lost the road map
But now I'm in it
Got my place 
Marked in time
No more black stars
It’s time to shine
The destination space bound
So with this time I have I will show how
With the guidance and the know-how 
A life of sin can be turned around

The Book my guide
It's message my life
The Creator my Dear
Giving me no burden I cannot bear
His words, so often taken in vain
Have fallen on my heart and washed it like rain
Bringing me back to life again










No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any feedback? Anything that you liked? Please let me know in the comment box below.