Friday 16 August 2013

Devil on my back

So I got the devil on my back trying to bring me down
Yet when I bow down he woes to me wow
Because the jealousy is eminent, and prominently evident
and envy follows ignorance
But I can’t seem to shake the fact
That every sheikh and hat sitting with a beard thinks that he knows
The true meaning of "you reap what you sow" and thus
Confusion and disbelief grows.


A doubtful mind is dangerous mind
Like a rookie killer with two targets in sight
Not knowing which life to spare and which to take
So he takes his own and thus he crumbles
Under the weight of...


The devil on his back bringing him down
Because when he goes down there aint no climbing out
Of the dark pit of pitiful, sinful souls
How’d he get down there? Nobody knows…
Well I know and I aint going down too
So the only time I'm on my knees is to find you
To seek guidance in this dark and rain
To fulfil a purpose that I grow to gain
An understanding of step by step
But with this devil on my back it’s hard to progress

Cos the stairway to heaven is long and hard
But the path to hell is laden with stars
And my dreams and hopes are all on this track
But it’s up to me to take my life back
And run this train through the gates of hell
Through the pitiful hole of souls that sell
Their bodies and minds for money and time
But I hold onto this wisdom of mine

And know not to therefore lie on my stomach
For he will ride this temple down under
But instead to soar straight through the skies
Until the sun melts the tears in his demon eyes
And he falls to the ground with humility
And prostrates to God, just like me.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any feedback? Anything that you liked? Please let me know in the comment box below.