Sunday 13 April 2014

Closer

Closer


The street lights
Help my shadow live
But I'm embraced by the light
That the moon gives

For this lonely night shows none
But I
And this shadow of mine

In the dark he disappears
As I walk the world not of men
They stare as I cover my hair
And face
A hood and cloak to hide the light
From the moon embracing

I walk between both worlds
And slip through the realms of time
And space
The oddity of it all
Leaves nothing but
The moon embracing

My mind is torn like an old diary
Pages covered in drops of tears
The hope of love
And a far away land
Closer than
My jugular vein

Closer than
My jugular vein
I remind myself each day
It's closer than
My jugular vein



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any feedback? Anything that you liked? Please let me know in the comment box below.