Sunday 6 April 2014

The Renaissance


The Renaissance 



Am I really all that different
From what you perceive me to be?
Aren't we all one brotherhood
Connected by the tree?

So why do you look at me
Like I don’t belong beside you
Is it the way I comb my hair?
Or the way that I pray like you

Why do you place a distance
Between the purity of faith
And the way I dress?
For love holds no resistance
For those who gave
Their time for blessings

But you seem so quick to judge me
Without knowing who is beyond this shirt
If you tore out my flesh and bones
You’d see a soul! Broken and hurt

It stings to know that while you still judge
We can never grow closer to the One
For when you equate appearances with piety
A difference appears between girls and nuns

But I will not let you take my faith
I will not let you steal my light
I will not let you laugh at my face
I will not let you take away the brightness within me

For the enemy of me stands beside me
And near me
It’s not the ones who disbelieve
But the ones who stand with me

They stab in the back
With looks and laughs
And are eager to establish
Hypocritical traps

But I can’t judge the movement for the people that are in it
Rather than by what the Messenger says
And by looking at the way that the Messenger lived
I realised that this movement is far from His.


The renaissance begins.
Bring your book and pen.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any feedback? Anything that you liked? Please let me know in the comment box below.