Monday 14 April 2014

The Stream of Consciousness


The Stream of Consciousness 

What is it that drives us?
To emotionally propel through life
At a speed beyond our time
So the winds of Chronos
Batters our faces

Death approaches sooner than later
With hairs of white creeping from the sides
They spiral and tangle within my mind
Wisdom; the key to immortal life

And so I write
Each moment recorded for my heart’s content
The words etched on the tablet of time
Floating through space
Like cold lifeless rocks
These meaningless thoughts
This life is short
But each day ticks away
A part of mankind we can no longer save

Am I brave enough to battle it?
Or just stand aside and watch it?
Shall I try my best to fulfil it?
Or let the soldiers come and kill it?

These words portray
A man inside
A promise made
Through blood and lies
A twisted fate
A broken soul
A hardened heart
A bitter cold
They keep emerging
From below
The depths of knowledge
Best left Unknown
Until they decide to show
Or until I decide to know




1 comment:

  1. Stand Still and don't let the darkness take you from light

    ReplyDelete

Have any feedback? Anything that you liked? Please let me know in the comment box below.